Talk radio is a perfect medium for connecting with readers. The shows have loyal fans, hosts talk in-depth about topics related to your books (even fiction), and you don’t have the expenses involved in physically attending signings.
Consider these stats from the 2013 Talk Radio Research Project and compare them to your target readership:
- 72 percent of listeners are ages 35 to 64.
- 70 percent are college graduates or have attended college or graduate school.
- Men comprise 58 percent; women 42 percent.
- Almost three-fourths of listeners earn $30,000 to $79,000 a year.
- 79 percent of those eligible to vote do.