Lots of inspiration in this blog post from BookBaby:
I am an independent writer.
This year I will:
* embrace my limitations, since they make me unique.
* be brave enough to show my work to others.
* write something every single day — even if it’s only a single word.
* create my own definition for “success.”
* write as if no one else will ever read it.
* take risks in my writing that make me uncomfortable.
* be patient and not rush to finish something that isn’t ready.
* not endlessly revise, but revise towards an ending.
* solicit feedback and actually listen to people’s criticism.
* submit my work for publication, knowing the odds are against me.
* do one thing every day to market myself.
* celebrate the small victories.